Bringing brightness and cosiness to people's homes is what we do 365 days a year. We'd like to reassure our lovely customers that we will continue to do so during the Coronavirus outbreak - we really appreciate all your orders and your general support has kept us cheerful!
If you'd like a snuggly treat or know someone who needs a little extra comfort, buying a blanket now will support our small business too. We are dispatching every day (Mon-Fri) as usual, with free UK delivery. This post will be immediately updated if this changes.
A few things to mention...
- All our couriers (Hermes / Royal Mail / DPD) are operating as usual and we have not had any reports of problems. However, please be understanding that a lot of people are ordering goods online at the moment and the couriers have more parcels to deliver than usual. If your parcel does not arrive during the specified time slot, or even a day or so later than normal, please be understanding and treat the couriers with kindness. Everyone is trying their best to keep the delivery network moving.
- The parcels we send usually require a signature. Couriers can temporarily do this on your behalf to avoid unnecessary contact via hand-held devices. This will only happen when the customer opens the door and gives their name, for security reasons. The courier will step back from the door.
- Our stock is stored and packed from a professional fulfilment warehouse (like a miniature version of Amazon). Blankets are always stored in plastic bags and receive very minimal handling during the packing process. Staff will, of course, be following all advice about hygiene and not working if they are affected by self-isolation. Our fulfilment partner is wonderful and your orders support their small business too during this tricky time.
- Our HQ team are working from home... as we have done since 2015! If you have questions please contact us via email in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org. We check and respond to emails frequently throughout the day. If you do need to speak to someone, you can call 0845 474 2747. Leave a message if we don't pick up, we are probably away from the phone getting on with all the admin we don't usually get a chance to tackle.
- To return a blanket, please fill in the returns form as usual within 14 days of receipt: click here for the returns form. You do not need to print anything out. When we approve your return request you will receive an email asking that you put the blankets back in the post to us within 7 days. If this is not possible as you are self-isolating, just drop us a quick email and we should be able to extend your returns window. Please keep the blanket in its original bag and avoid unnecessary handling.
- Our warehouse team will not open any boxes or mailing bags containing returns for 48 hours, so please allow us a little longer to process your refund / exchange than usual. We appreciate your understanding on this.
Finally, thank you to everyone who has reached out to us on social media to show The British Blanket Company support. As well as ordering a blanket for yourself or a gift, there are some steps you can take if you would like to help the small businesses you love get through this tricky period.
Simple ways to support small businesses...
- Like, Share and Interact with them on social media. If you love a brand, tell your friends! You can find The British Blanket Company on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @BritishBlankets.
- Write a review. Customers often underestimate just how helpful reviews are to small businesses. If you have purchased from The British Blanket Company in the past, please review us on Trustpilot.
- Don't need (another!) blanket now? Buy a gift card to give businesses an immediate boost and redeem it later. We have digital gift cards available from £20.
- Lots of independent local shops are adding delivery options, both within their area and nationwide, even if they don't offer delivery normally. Check with your local shops to see if you can order with them online or by phone, for delivery to your home. These shops might struggle and your support will definitely make a difference.
Thank you so much, keep in touch!
Bethan and Joe x