How to Build a Blanket Fort
Blanket forts aren't just for kids! As adults, we all have a playful side that deserves to be indulged every now and again. Whether you're looking for a fun way to spend time at home, to create a quiet reading nook or simply want to relive some childhood memories, building a blanket fort is as easy as child's play!
Adulting can wait! Have a go at building your own blanket fort this weekend
Wool blankets all from The British Blanket Company
How to make a blanket fort step-by-step guide
1. Gather your supplies: You'll need plenty of large wool blankets, pillows, and cushions to create a fort that's both comfortable and sturdy. If you want to get creative, you can also add fairy lights, books, and board games to make your fort extra cosy.
2. Choose the perfect location: Look for a roomy floorspace that is free from sharp objects and obstacles that could damage your blankets. A living room or bedroom floor is a great place to build.
3. Start with the base: Lay out an extra large blanket on the floor, making sure it's centred in the middle of your chosen location. Make nest of cushions and lay another blanket on top to make a soft and squishy base.
4. Create the walls: Once you have a base, it's time to start building the walls. Use furniture and cushions to prop up the blankets and create a tent-like structure. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even create rooms and tunnels within your fort, or use broom handles tied at the top to construct a tipi.
5. Accessorise: Now that your fort is complete, it's time to add the finishing touches. Place a few cushions and throws inside to create a comfortable seating area, and hang fairy lights to create a warm, cosy ambience. If you're planning to spend the night in your fort, be sure to have a blanket and a pillow on hand to keep you warm and comfortable.
Short of building materials? Buy the best wool blankets online
Building a blanket fort is a fun and easy activity that's perfect for adults looking for a fun way to spend time at home. And, if you're looking for the perfect blankets to use, The British Blanket Company sells a wide range of colourful and cosy options made from natural wool. So, why not treat yourself to a new blanket or two and get building?